In all of our activities we are committed to effective safeguarding of Children, Young People and Adults.
We believe that the care and protection of children, young people and adults involved in Church activities is the responsibility of everyone who participates in the life of the Church. We are committed to:
- Promoting a safer environment and culture
- Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children, young people and vulnerable adults
- Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation
- Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse or other affected persons
- Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns/allegations of abuse and other affected persons
- Responding to those that may pose a present risk.
If you are concerned that someone you know is at risk of abuse, or is being abused, or presents a risk to others, please seek advice from a safeguarding adviser or if necessary report the matter to the Local Authority social care services or the police without delay. If there is immediate risk or danger please contact the police on 101.
Local contacts available to speak to regarding any concerns
Julie Hawksworth (Parish Safeguarding Officer).
Tel: 01422 646371
Revd Jeanette Roberts (Vicar)
Tel: 01422 646371
Diocesan Safeguarding Advisers
Our Local Authority Social Services is: Calderdale
Safeguarding Children and Young People Tel: 01422 393 336 or if out of hours 01422 288 000
Safeguarding Adults Tel 01422 393 000 or if out of hours 01422 288 000
NSPCC: 0808 800 5000
Family Lives: 0808 800 2222
Childline: 0800 1111
National Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247
NAPAC: 0808 801 0331
Stop It Now: 0808 1000 900
Action On Elder Abuse: 080 8808 8141
Samaritans: 116 123